THINK AHEAD COURSE
*This course is delivered to small groups in face-to-face classrooms in our Mitchell office. There is no online course available.
The ‘Think Ahead Course’ is a 2 hour program specifically designed for ACT drivers who have been caught drink driving.
You are eligible to attend the Think Ahead course only if you were:
- convicted or found guilty of driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) below 0.08 AND
- it is the first time that you have been convicted or found guilty of a disqualifying offence under the Road Transport (Alcohol and Drugs) Act 1977.
If you do not meet the above criteria, you must attend the ‘kNOw the Risk Course‘.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
A: The course aims to:
- Provide knowledge and understanding of the physical, social and behavioural effects of alcohol and other drugs- and their impact on driving, general health and risk to society.
- Build awareness of the personal and legal consequences of drink/drug driving (DD).
- Highlight penalties and consequences of further DD convictions.
- Assist participants to develop an effective plan to avoid re-offending in the future.
A: The standard course cost is $112.50 (or $78.75 for concession card holders pension or healthcare cards).
We also offer payment plans for those with financial hardship. We recommenced contacting us before booking to discuss payment plans further.
*Please note: All of our Road Ready offices are CASHLESS*
A: You will need to bring:
- A primary form of identification, such as a drivers licence or passport.