THINK AHEAD COURSE.
*This course is now also being delivered online to support distance learning. For those unable to participate in the online classroom, please book by location for small group face-to-face classrooms.
The ‘Think Ahead Course’ is a 2 hour program specifically designed for ACT drivers who have been caught drink driving.
You are eligible to attend the Think Ahead course only if you were:
- convicted or found guilty of driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) below 0.08 AND
- it is the first time that you have been convicted or found guilty of a disqualifying offence under the Road Transport (Alcohol and Drugs) Act 1977.
If you do not meet the above criteria, you must attend the ‘kNOw the Risk Course‘.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
A: The course aims to:
- Provide knowledge and understanding of the physical, social and behavioural effects of alcohol and other drugs- and their impact on driving, general health and risk to society.
- Build awareness of the personal and legal consequences of drink/drug driving (DD).
- Highlight penalties and consequences of further DD convictions.
- Assist participants to develop an effective plan to avoid re-offending in the future.
A: The course cost is $98.00. We offer payment plans for those with financial hardship and reduced rates are also available for concession card holders. Before booking Contact us to discuss further.