EXPIRED LEARNER LICENCE HOLDERS.
Expired ACT Learner Licence holders are only required to undertake and pass the Road Rules Knowledge Test again.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
A: $42.75 for each attempt (the test may only be attempted twice a day).
*Please note: All of our Road Ready offices are CASHLESS*.
A: An assisted test can be arranged any weekday 9am-4pm, please contact the required location to book a day and time. There is no additional charge but where possible, please provide 2 days notice.
A: No, but an interpreter can be arranged for most languages, please contact the relevant location to book an appointment.
Interpreter assisted knowledge test costs:
- 1st appointment $42.75 for each attempt (includes interpreter) a maximum of 2 attempts a day
- 2nd appointment $42.75 for each attempt (includes interpreter) a maximum of 2 attempts a day
- Any further apppointments $42.75 for each attempt, a maximum of 2 attempts a day, will need to pay additional fee for interpreter: $182.31 Monday to Friday and $288.25 Saturday
A: You must take your proof of identity, proof of residency and Road Rules Knowledge Test certificate to an Access Canberra Service Centre to be issued with your learner driver licence.
A: Learner licences are valid for 5 years and you need to hold them for at least 12 months when under 25 or 6 months for over 25’s before being able to obtain a provisional driver licence. You must display “L” plates at all times when driving.
A: If you are issued with a learner licence after 1 January 2020, in order to be eligible for a provisional licence in the ACT, you must:
- be at least 17 years old;
- have held your learner licence for at least 12 months (or six months if you were 25 or older when it was issued);
- have completed the minimum number of required driving hours;
- have successfully completed the Hazard Perception Test (HPT);
- have successfully completed either a one-off driver assessment or the Competency Based Training and Assessment (CBT&A) modules administered by an ACT accredited driving instructor to the required assessment standards.