CAR KNOWLEDGE TEST.
The Knowledge Test is a necessary component in obtaining your learner licence for cars.
There are practice knowledge tests available which can be accessed through the buttons below.
An electronic copy of the handbook is also available below and hard copies can be purchased from any Access Canberra Service Centre.
Vulnerable Road Users Questions
Since the 29th August 2016 a new driver competency applies relating to vulnerable road users.
This change adds questions to the knowledge test relating to:
- giving way to cyclists travelling within green lanes
- providing the minimum overtaking distance when passing cyclists
- passing cyclists only when it is safe to do so
- exercising caution around pedestrians and cyclists and when in slow and stationary traffic checking for motorcyclists that may be lane filtering
- giving way to pedestrians and cyclists at crossings
- giving way to pedestrians when turning into a cross street
- giving way to pedestrians in shared zones
This new mandatory category will ask 5 questions on Vulnerable Road Users. The test will remain 35 questions long with 4 mandatory categories and 2 general categories that you will be able have 4 incorrect answers within (2 in each).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
A: You do not need to book, simply go to one of our Roadready Centres and undertake the test, Monday to Friday 9am-4pm and Saturdays 9am-11am. See the bottom of the page for location details.
A: $42.75 for each attempt, the test may only be attempted twice a day.
*Please note: All of our Road Ready offices are CASHLESS*
A: Knowledge Test certificates are valid for for 2 years.
A: An assisted test can be arranged any weekday 9am-4pm, please contact the required location to book a day and time. There is no additional charge but where possible, please provide 2 days notice.