ACT Certificate IV in Driving Instruction
ACT Certificate IV in Driving Instruction Course Details
This course is required if you would like to become a qualified ACT Driving Instructor.
The course runs for 15 days, which is broken into 10 days of classroom sessions and 5 days on the road developing your driving and instruction skills.
To successfully complete this course, you will need good written, reading and oral English communication skills and have available time to complete assessment activities at home. You also need to be able to demonstrate safe driving skills and a positive attitude to complying with road rules.
To enrol in this course you will need to:
- Attend an interview
- Complete a pre-enrolment questionnaire to confirm that you have the minimum literacy level required to be able to successfully complete the course
- Undergo a short driving test with a qualified driving instructor (There is an extra cost of a driving lesson for this)
The cost of the course is $5,000.00 inc. GST, plus the cost of your driving test mentioned above.
To become an accredited ACT Driving Instructor you will also need to:
- Complete two units of competency from the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116)
- Have an excellent driving record
- Be approved by the ACT Government